Wednesday, September 25, 2013

To My Credit...


Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made. 




Oh, Lawd! Where would I begin?! Hahaha! If you've read, well, pretty much ANY of my previous posts, you know I've screwed up A LOT. 

Let's just say, for the sake of keeping it to a minimum here, that one of my biggest screw-ups ever (no, not what you think - not the getting knocked up, not the throwing my life in the toilet with drugs and booze, not the marriage struggles or anything crazy like that)... was getting a credit card my freshman year of college.
Image


That was the beginning of a lasting relationship which screwed me over again, and again, and again. And now inhibits me from buying a house. It's getting better. I've taken care of it bit by bit over the years. But still. Big mistake. Huge!

You hear me out. Credit card companies are EVIL! They prey on stupid 18 year old girls who are out of the house for the first time, broke, and hungry. All in the name of a free t-shirt!

A lesson for my children.
JUST SAY NO!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like what you did there with the title. Clever.

    And I hear you. It took me a looooooong time and a few extra summer jobs to get rid of that first credit card, but man it felt so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Uuuugh, credit. Dave Ramsey has a point. :)

    ReplyDelete