Friday, September 20, 2013

Ermernder

Wednesday, September 18: Only photos



Today is actually September 20. Or maybe the 21st, if it's after midnight. I'm a few days behind.

I looked at the last 3 days of Blogtember, and decided that the 18th is the one I wanted to post. Except I'm giving the photos a written prelude, so I'm breaking ALL the rules today.

Yesterday morning I got the news that an old friend passed away.
She was beautiful.
We met in the dorms at Texas Tech (lived across the hall from each other), and were friends right away.
I think it's rare to find someone you really love, and stay in touch with years to come.
But she was my friend.
And we were connected.
Thirteen years later, on Monday September 16, she was taken too early, at 31 years old.

I have so many good memories with her.
She loved 80s music. She carried around a silk blankie affectionately dubbed her "Luh," which she'd smell or hold when she was nervous or just, whenever, really (it sounds silly, but it was actually a pretty cute character trait). She LOVED Texas Tech. She was brilliant, and had "smart people" jobs, as I've named them. Her laugh was the most infectious... loud, funny, contagious. She looked on the bright side, and was sweet... but fiery if you crossed her! Small but fierce, she worked her way in to my heart.
We lived hours apart, but still, friends.
And I will miss our hours of phone conversations terribly.

I love you, my dear Ermernder.
Rest your pretty little head, and your pretty little heart.
Until we meet again.
TTU dorms, 2000. Our first TTU game as Raider Freshmen.
TTU reunion!

In Austin

Austin. Love, love, love you my sweet, sweet friend!



1 comment:

  1. I am so sad for everyone that loved her. She was a special girl and had so much to give. I know she knew how much she meant to you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete