Monday, September 16, 2013

My dear, dear Target...

Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)


Dear Target, 

I love you, and I miss you.

You were the cause of many emotions for me for many years, and I'll never forget the role you played in my life.

I laughed with you, I cried with you. I got ecstatic when you gave me wonderful sales and new clothes, and you caused me heartache when your new lines didn't quite flatter me. 


You gave me incentives to lose weight, and loved me even when I had to go up a size. But no matter joy or sadness, you never moved. On a good day, you were there. On a bad day, you were there. Unmoving, only getting better with time. 

Remember when you installed the dollar aisle?! Oh man! What a great day that was! It changed all my family holidays and daughter's school projects and gift giving and parties! I won't know what to do without it! Dollar Tree just isn't the same (though I do find myself going in there to spend five dollars and walk out spending thirty. Haha! I know you'll get a kick out of that. That's a great memory we share. *sigh*)

Nothing will ever compare to the rush that you gave me, unless we get an Ikea nearby, and even then, their clearance endcaps will never give me the thrills that you did. 


The old song tells me "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." But Bealls and Penny's, Wal Mart and Alco... there is no one who can ever compare to what you were to me. 

I believe in my heart that we will reunite one day. Until then, stay strong and make someone else happy in my place. 
 
You never really know what you've got until it's gone. 


Love,
Jessica


You had me at hello, Target. You had me at hello.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, it evokes tears of both sadness and joy!

      Delete
  2. Love it! I agree - you don't know what you've got until it's gone. I try not to go into Target because I also have zero self-control, but at least I have the option! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably much, much better that there is not one within hours of me. :)

      Delete
  3. This is just so.. Perfect! Exactly how I feel (and I am pretty sure every woman feels)! I was just there today and to walked out with more than I had intended but got what I wanted nonetheless:)

    Cheers.
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it's actually a parallel universe. I lose my head when I'm in there! I black out, and when I come to, I look in the back of my car and don't know how all of those strange and wonderful things happened, or why my bank account is suddenly drained...

      Delete