Monday, September 23, 2013

Filled to the Brim (and not quite trim...)

Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!


Life lately. Is. Full. 
:)
Full of happiness and joy, sadness and grief, chores and school, cooking and cleaning and meetings and singing, crafting and travel. 


And I'm full. 

Not only physically. My healthy lifestyle jumpstart went down the drain the last few days, but I'll get back on track, one meal and one exercise at a time. 
 
Not only emotionally. I lost a good friend, and got to go to my first Texas Tech game of the year with some others. 


Much needed night with friends. :)


Not only time-wise. I was asked to play guitar for the church youth group this next Sunday, and played a couple Sundays last month. It is difficult to be the lone guitar, but I look forward to easing in to it, a couple Sundays at a time. I also started teaching CCE at my new church, and last week was elected Vice President of my daughter's new school's new PTO. They haven't had one in forever, and I think I was elected because I'd been involved in one recently. (((What. Have. I. Done. :) )))

And, I'm full!
So cheers to a full life!


On a side note, today I decided my window sill (big picture window that faces the street) needed to be full, too. And I needed to DO something to get my mind off my fullness.

Decided to make the most of Autumn and Fall out my house. And I'm SOOOO happy about it! (I also got 4 pumpkin spice candles and am burning them all. Fall-ready, much?!)

I took an empty frame that I already had (and that was already painted orange), and put some pumpkins and leaves and pine cones and acorns through the string, pinned it to the back of the frame, and hung it in my dining window. And I LOVE IT! 


I didn't stop there. I had almost everything I needed on hand (Mom, I used those cute orange lights you gave me... I wove them under the brown material I used on the sill. It looks SOOO cute with them lit tonight!!!). Material for the sill, some flowers, moss, rocks, vases. 



The window. Hard to get a good photo because it faces West, but it turned out so cute!

I needed some pine cones and pumpkins and leaves, so I headed over to the local Dollar General, and found some adorable Fall stuff for cheap, cheap, cheap. Score! 


I'm so excited about this window I can hardly stand it. So, you get a bunch of pictures of it. :)

Fall in to Autumn!!!



Put some stuff on a cheap tablecloth, and it made ALL the difference!


I <3 AUTUMN!!!


P.S. Mom, I also put the mirror you brought me up on my mantle, and put my 4 little pumpkin spice candles in front of it. It's adorable! 

God bless!
J

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute! Cheers to a full life with autumn decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The creative bug sure hit! Autumn is one of my favorite seasons...

    ReplyDelete