Thursday, September 5, 2013

Little Minds CH 2

Our first Thursday Folder came home today, full of information and parent communication and upcoming camps and completed work.


One piece stood out. It is titled "First Day Feelings." 


It is 15 sentences. A sentence is started, and the student fills in the ending. 
Annie's answers were typical, cute, 4th grade child answers like this...

1. My favorite place is: the mall. 
2. After school I like to: ride my bike. 
3. My pet peeve is: Aidan gets on my nerves. 
4. When I feel sad, it helps to: singing a song. 
5. If I could change my name, I'd call myself: Lucia.
10. I could make the school a better place by: coloring.
13. My favorite possession is: my iPod.


Then, funny... 

8. I'm good at: sinning. 
(She meant SINGING, of course. But it's funny, nonetheless.)

Then, this. 

11. If I had $100, I'd: give some to the poor. 

:') 

And then, written in novice cursive, wedged between making the school a better place by coloring, and giving some of her $100 to the poor...

9. If I could rule the world, I'd: make Obama stop doing abortion. 



Though she is but little, she is fierce.
I imagine that she was probably the only one with this answer. 

When I asked her about it, she explained others in her class said that if they ruled the world, they would close all the schools. "But that's so dumb. How would we learn anything?" She said, "I immediately thought of Obama. Of course that's what to do if you rule the world." 

She knows, at so little, that abortion is a disservice to scared and hurt women everywhere... that it ends the life of an unborn baby... and she doesn't even comprehend that answers like this are beyond her years, and such a huge topic of disdain, discussion, hate, conflict. She is so innocent, and so beautiful, and I hope she always has a heart filled with compassion for the unborn. 

I am beyond proud of her innocent little mind. 
Words cannot express...


(Disclaimer: I intended on leaving out any form of political or moral discussion on my blog. I didn't want to turn off anyone who might otherwise enjoy an occasional post. But, fact is, I can't NOT talk about this particular topic on occasion. It is engrained in me. It is my passion, and my fight. It drives many parts of my personality, and holds a dear place in my future's dreams. So, if you hate it, I don't care. :) My blog, my real life, my real world, my real dreams.

And one of the biggest dreams I have is that we'll live in a world someday where EVERYONE thinks like my little girl... where there is SO MUCH LOVE that abortion isn't even a thought or concern... where women and children are LOVED SO DEEPLY that when students study the past, when abortion was legal, they are appalled that we ever had a society that embraced such a deviation from LOVE. The end.)

3 comments:

  1. SO MUCH LOVE that there are no problems, because we all love each other. Wait...that's heaven.

    And please, don't filter this blog!!! Be transparent and share your world. It's why I'm here, reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Kristin. Thanks. I needed to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is something special.

    (I also love that she chose the name Lucia.)

    ReplyDelete