Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blogtember!

My sister at that cat by the bar started this September Blog Challenge, and I have to jump on board. Love challenges (even though I usually fizzle or all-out fail), and, though I'm starting late, I'm assured that I won't be arrested. So, here we go. :) 



September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

I don't even know where to begin on this one. So much is my brain was learned from watching or listening to my mom, and dad, and sister, and brothers, and priests, and friends.

I catch myself giving people advice that I was given myself, or yelling something at my kids that I thought was the most annoying. thing. ever. when I was young and it was directed at me. 

Here are few that come to my fried brain at this late hour. 

Only boring people get bored.

Guys are really going to appreciate you for your mind in THAT shirt. 

*There is NO sense trying to MAKE sense out of NONsense.

Do not EVER lie. (All those were my dad)


Keep seeking the Lord, and surfing the blessings. (Eddie Beethoven) 

You did it. It's done. Get over it. (Sarah Webb)

Stand up straight. (Mom and Sister

When you're feeling down, do something to serve someone. (Mom)

If you keep singing, the bad doesn't look so bad. (Mom)

Call your parents. (Sister. This is new to me, because I only just moved away, but I'm taking her lead.)

Pray.
Forgive. 
Fast.  
Dance.

Go on dates. (Brother)

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. (Haha, just kidding.)

Don't talk too loud or too much. (That is one I've heard, but have a very difficult time following... in case that's not obvious...)




As far as Blogtember goes, here is the full list for you who wish to do the same. :) Go to her page and get her button, first!

Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? (bonus points for fun photos from Pinterest, but don't forget to cite the source!)
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 
Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.
Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)
Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.
Wednesday, September 11: Share links to your favorite online shops, preferably with a few photos of your favorite items in each shop.
Thursday, September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.
Friday, September 13: A self portrait
Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)
Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive.
Wednesday, September 18: Only photos
Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century."
The story does not necessarily need to have a conclusion - you can leave your readers wishing for more!
Friday, September 20: React to this term: comfort. 
Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!
Tuesday, September 24: Review a book, place, or product.
Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made. 
Thursday, September 26: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. (I recommend downloading Ommwriter and bringing headphones along!) *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.
Friday, September 27: An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like. (but don't include people's real names.) 
Monday, September 30: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am thrilled and honored to have made the list!
    I am always repeating your dad's advice "only boring people get bored" and your brother gave me the same advice "go on dates" when I got married. I give that same advice to newlyweds. Just payin' the "B" vibes forward, I guess!

    Love your mom's advice. I'll try to follow it before so that I can use it one day.

    ReplyDelete