Tuesday, September 10, 2013

FIve Things to Lighten Up

My last few posts have felt heavy. Probably because they are heavy. That Blogtember has pulled out some pretty serious stuff from me. 

So, here is my lighthearted one. Back to my now life. :) 

Today has been a GREAT day!
My list, I've creatively entitled "Five things"


Thing 1: THIS (below) was my view when I looked back this morning. It was a beautiful, cloudy, cool, crisp morning. Perfect morning for a bike ride with my littlest loves. It was an incredible ride. I rode around a full big block. Yes, just one. I ride a cruiser bike. And the slight incline when I turn West or South, KILLED me. Out of shape? Yes. Enjoyed our short ride? Absolutely. (My thighs may disagree, but they'll get used to it.



Thing 2: This hat makes me happier than a thing should make a person. 




Thing 3: My backyard looks like the bird zombie apocolaypse. We've had hundreds of birds flocking in our back tree, and they must be molting. The feathers fall to the ground, and stick in, stem first. So, it basically looks like a bunch of zombie birds have pushed a wing out of their graves. (Picture a zombie hand thrusting up from the earth, and multiply that by one hundred black wings. Creepy, right?!)


Look closely, and be afraid. Be VERY afraid. (Ever watched "Birds"? **shudder**)

Thing 4: Aidan's room was a disaster. That is, until I used his broken dresser drawers to organize. Nailed straps to a wall, slid the drawer-front in, and voila. Superhero, tractor, and dinosaur exhibit complete! (Being broke makes you get creative. I got the idea from some Pinterest pin, but I can't find it now... tweaked it to fit materials I had on hand +  two belts I bought from Goodwill today, and results are good!)





Thing 5: We may have a new family member on the way tonight, in canine form. Excited to see what happens there... 

That is all! Hope you're smiling, and that you take the time to think of five good things from YOUR day! (Even if one of those things has to do with an Alfred Hitchcock-esq scene in your backyard.)

6 comments:

  1. Re: #3 ~ uhm, is that THE hat? The buyer's remorse hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut your mouth, Laura! No remorse there. If there is, I ban it from her head. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top picture of the littles melts my heart! Does it get any cuter?

    The hat is super cute too! You are turning into a small down girl... I foresee sparkly belt buckles in your future. ;) (I'm only saying that so you'll send me the hat.)

    And oh my gosh, those shelves are awesome! Watch out world, she is on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA Laura and Ursa! It is! Laura, I completely forgot your phone was broken. This picture was not for my blog, initially. I took it this morning to text it to you. I don't know if I did or not, but if I did, it was probably captioned "THIS is THE hat."

    Bee, don't. Go. There. This hat is hippie chic. Christy already has full authority to slap me if I show up in a bedazzled fleur de le shirt with crosses all over it. We like to say that she's making sure I don't get "blingulated."

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. THIS is the Pinterest link that inspired the shelves. http://diyconfessions.com/2013/07/22/diy-shelf-using-a-belt/

    They honestly took 5 minutes. FIVE. And Aidan LOVES them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to hang up that top picture. Adorable....sure do miss seeing them, but their fun spirits show in the photos...keep 'em coming!
    Yes--the hat is great and you wear it well. It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete