Wednesday, January 22, 2014

TWO WEEKS.

And still going strong. Yesterday I almost thought, "meh, I made it halfway, that's pretty good. Might as well have juuuuuust oooooone biiiiite of pepperoni pizza."

And yet, aside from that ham, and a couple bites of my pulp bread yesterday (that one very honestly was to test it. I was sooo curious about if it was worth the time and energy it took, and whether I could give away one of the loaves!), I've stayed the course. 


The thing I find at this point is that I don't know that I've been eating enough. Weird. I am trying to up my intake a bit, because I can feel it in my back, and I feel a bit weak. But though I feel weak, my energy levels are through the roof at some points!

Last night at ten o'clock, after I took a toothpick and washcloth to the grout on my tile countertops, I was on my knees scrubbing the kitchen cabinets and scraping the grooves with a toothpick. Jeff asked me if I was on drugs. I told him I was high on life. And I am. :)


But MAN, this girl needs to eat! I don't know what to do with myself, to hear my stomach growl and wonder if I ate lunch. I eat two eggs every morning, religiously. Sometimes I add mushrooms and spinach, or chives or green onion, or red pepper. Occasionally I'll add a half grapefruit or orange/apple.  So I know I am getting that in every day. But there have been a couple days that it is dinner time and I realize I've missed lunch. (Don't worry. This has really only happened like two days.)

I assure you it is unintentional. And, for the first time in a very long time, I am having to intentionally eat because I am actually NOT starving. all. day. long. I have to intentionally eat a salad for lunch (which I did today, topped with steak and red wine vinegar), and make a good dinner. And that feels pretty good. To eat to live, rather than live to eat.

I have made a discovery that ails me, so. I HATE microwave/reheated chicken. It is revolting! It tastes like I HAD SOMETHING GROSS WRITTEN HERE BUT DELETED IT TO SPARE YOU or something. So, now I have to start making my chicken one piece at a time and no leftovers, which is really annoying. Alas, I will do it. I'm already making myself a different meal than the rest of my family for the most part, anyway.

Last night I passed on Domino's pizza. It was my errand day, and took longer than expected, so I picked up a pizza on the way home. It smelled so amazing. I ate leftover ratatouille. I think. I don't really remember what I ate, so I guess the meal wasn't to die for.
 

But tonight, I created something amazing. Will share. 

1 chicken breast, cooked in pan with a little coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Cut up into tiny pieces when done.
Add 1 avocado, 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced (I roasted in the broiler on 400 for about 10 minutes), a little salt and pepper, and a small scoop of homemade mayo that I learned how to make on YouTube and have been gathering ingredients for, little by little, for the last week.

Result: DELICIOUS. Even my little 2 year old liked it. Win!
(I uploaded a picture but it looked disgusting in the photo. Just imagine the green and red all pretty with the chicken. Mmmmm.)

I decided, against my better judgement, to do a 2 week weigh since I'd weighed at one week.
It tells me, tonight, that I have lost 12 pounds. I know it could just be redistribution of water weight, or the fact that I missed lunch yesterday. And that all this stuff not about weight. But still, it feels great to have myself under control and see my weight reflect the changes I'm feeling in my body. Even my face seems to be clearing up with all that water and lack of preservatives in me'body.

All for now. I look forward to the next two weeks being over so I can start blogging about other stuff again. :)

Eat well, live well,

Gordita Blanca.

3 comments:

  1. Dinner sounds delicious! (And you could reheat in the oven you know?!?) Yoire doing awesome. I promise that pizza smelled way better than it tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haaaaaate reheated chicken and it takes all I have to eat it!

    Proud of you for making healthy choices! Weight loss aside - this journey is about relearning the importance of healthy foods on one's body! Energy?? What is that!!? AND you're growing in the virtue of temperance which is never a bad thing. :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.I hear ya on re-heated chicken. When you microwave meat you are cooking it further which ruins the texture. No thanks.
    2. I have really buckled down myself and have been doing excellent. About 4 days into my quest to drop holiday weight, I had a dream about eating a super cheesy slice of pizza. I woke up and for a moment I thought I actually ate the pizza in real life. I was so mad!
    3. WAY TO GO!

    ReplyDelete