Monday, January 27, 2014

Confessions.

Welp, I'm on day 19 of my Whole30. But really, I'm on day One. Because yesterday, I ate like a king. A poor king with little time, but a king.

Here is the story.

I. Was. Exhausted. I know it's no excuse, but I was soooo tired! After getting the kids home after Mass, cleaning up dishes from the night before, and preparing their lunch, I was HUNGRY, and TIRED, Y'ALL!

For the last two+ weeks I have been making myself a modified, if not completely different, meal than my kids. My husband, too, you say? No, not my husband. Because he has not been here. In a week. I have only seen him late at night, and in the morning he is gone before I awake. And yesterday, he got called in to work before Mass. He came with us, but then I had to zip him home to get his truck, then zip back to the church to finish out my Sunday School class.

This single mom of toddlers thing ain't for wussies. Even when you get to stay at home.

Soooo, wah, wah, wah, I ate a half a quesadilla for lunch. Which, really, is quite good, considering I usually could scarf an entire one, no problem.

For dinner, Husband was actually home at a reasonable hour and, to treat me to not having to cook or wash dishes, and to get me out of the house (I have been cooped up with not an ounce of adult conversation all week), he took us out to eat. And eat, I did. I ate a sushi roll, rice and all, dipped in soy sauce. And I don't regret it one bit.

I needed to get out of the house as much as I wanted that sushi roll. It was delicious.

Repercussions? Today my gut was LIVID! I woke up with heartburn and, um, other issues. I messed up my day 18, but today I've been on point. In fact, eating a bit rotten yesterday (not rotten considering my old standards, just not clean like I have been) gave me the urge to work it off, so I even exercised! I threw in a P90X Cardio DVD that I mysteriously had (I seriously have no idea where it came from. If it is yours, I will mail it to you), and completed it.

I almost threw up toward the end, and for about an hour and a half afterward, and I was unable to eat lunch. I also found myself halfway through asking my 4 year-old son if he knows what to do if Momma passes out and doesn't wake up. Scary? Yeah, imagine how I felt. I told him to just call Daddy if I'm out.

So, back on track. Day 19. Or one, depending on how you look at it. I think I'll just go with day 19, and do 31 days. It completely defeats the point of the Whole30 (which is to completely clean out the system), but I still feel good about it.

And that is my confession. Now, to sit with my children and hug them.

Live well, eat well.
J

4 comments:

  1. This does not count as a confession... it is reality! The whole point is to make new habits. And going out for sushi once a month is not a bad habit. Be proud of all you've accomplished so far! (But go for 31 days if you want to make yourself feel better!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I think I'll go 31. In fact, I think I'll just keep going and going and going, because it feels too good not to, and too bad to eat gross. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a fall, it wasn't a HARD fall! Keep on going. And--Adam made three DVDs for you, didn't he? I think we brought those last visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please. If this is the worst you've done, I commend you. We've been eating well over the last couple of weeks (maybe a week...I'm delirious and can't remember!) and I've cheated with a candy bar (which I never eat! That's how sad it is!) and yesterday, chips and salsa with cottage cheese. Not even the low fat. Which, still, not bad. I'm just saying...keep going! You're doing well and you remain in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete