Friday, January 10, 2014

Feelin' Groovy

I feel great. Already.
Day 2 of my Whole30 plan, and I feel great.
Yesterday was eeeeasy. I love eating clean. I don't know why I don't do it allll the time.

Today has been easy, too. Made spinach, egg, onion, Hatch frittata for breakfast, and am munching on zucchini, chicken, broccoli slaw, onion, water chestnut, bean sprout stir fry with an egg over easy on top. I am struggling a bit with not being able to use soy sauce or Sriracha. Those are kind of staples for me, but I can do it for 30 days. :) 


I've discovered that lesson one is "Stay Away from the Store as MUCH as You Can!" 

Family Dollar about killed me as I passed the junk aisle. I don't want it ALL the time, but I do want to be able to buy it on a whim if I please. THIS IS A PROBLEM. Not only am I at the store a couple times a week for various things (or as an excuse to get out of the house - mainly this one), but I buy junk "on a whim" every. time. I'm. there. GROSS! So glad I came to this realization, and was able to say "No, body. No, you really do NOT want those Cheetos."

Even the grocery store isn't safe. A cold soda beckoned me (and I don't even drink soda that often), along with, again, the junk aisles and the cleverly-placed CRAP near the register. Avoid. At all costs. 

I exercised yesterday, beyond all odds (see previous posts about trying to exercise with toddlers around), to several YouTube Zumba/HipHop videos (and discovered that I love the music of a Christian rapper or two. Haha!).

I did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQoiaEPNgaI

And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8PF_3fvZ1Q (LOVE THIS ONE!)

They're both from Flame, this Christian rapper. Word up.

I even hit the weight bench for a couple reps. I could have/should have done more, but I need help.

I realized that I need to print out photo diagrams of weight bench exercises, in addition to a list of the reps I want/need to do each day. When I'm on my own lifting weights, I turn into a spaz and don't know what to do. I know HOW to do all the exercises. I've taken a couple weight training courses and worked with a trainer or two in my time... but I just flit all over the place and end up not REALLY working any muscle group.


I also need this in order to use my Body Ball. Because I'm a scatterbrain spaz when it comes to solo-training.



Image
Though I only spent less than an hour on cardio and weights combined, I'm mucho sore today. That is a good sign!

I feel great. High energy, slept well last night, have been drinking lots of water, my hunger isn't even bad. In fact, I had to force myself to eat dinner last night because I wasn't hungry at all, but I know that once a meal is missed, body hits starvation mode, and starts storing fat and burning muscle. NOT what I want to happen. 


Steak on a bed of greens, with avocado, tomato, pomegranate.
Sprinkled with Pomegranate infused Red Wine Vinegar. YUM!

I feel great about hitting the next couple weeks hard, but not going crazy with it. I want to get in shape IN TIME. I'm not trying to kill myself into shape like I did last time. This is not a 90 day challenge (though if I could join one, that might be more motivation). This is a LIFE challenge. I'm over being fat and unhealthy, and I want my kids to see how to live well.

I will exercise. I will eat right. I will sleep well and drink water. And, the weight will come off, and the headaches will dissipate. 


I imagine a crash is coming in the next week or so, but today... today I feel so good, and wish I would have been doing this all along. 

Eat well, live well.
J

1 comment:

  1. How do we feel?

    We feel good, oh we feel so good. Uh.

    (Did they still do that one at cheer camp when you went?)

    Glad you had a good couple days! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete